Sunday 3 January 2021

My week in review.


     First things first, apologies for missing a week in review over Christmas, but like most people I was busy enjoying myself. This this will be two weeks in review lol. 

    We had a lovely Christmas, despite restrictions, and I got some amazing pressies. Including of course my new laptop which was an early Christmas present, I also got a new electric wheelchair. I have been wanting one for so long, so I can get myself around the shops and hospital without poor Dan having to push me. Dan even spent the first part of his Christmas holiday getting rid of some surface rust on it and repainting it for me in a lovely and very bright shade of pink lol. What do you think? 

    I wasn't the only one to get a fun new toy though, as I couldn't get Dan's car I got him a new toy also. Something he really wanted, the worlds fuggliest mini tractor. Which I have named, Fugly. 

    As well as my new toys, I also got a lovely cast iron hand crafted rose from Dan which is beautiful and so detailed and a unicorn ornament. 

    And a whole host of wonderful things from friends and family, including two awesome Christmas hats, one a pixie hat and one a hand knitted beanie, and its pink!!! I lovely little hand made bag, some lip gloss, a face mask, and cute bare of soap, a nice new top and bracelet, some awesome pink and white fluffy socks, a box of celebrations and a cute little note book with things to remember written on the front. 

    And this year I got and extra special surprise, as for the first year ever, Kye brought me a present using his own money and completely of his own choice. And it was a great choice as he got me a diamond art kit, of Lady and the Tramp. I have been wanting to have a go at Diamond art for ages. and I love it. 

    We had a hell of a day leading up to Christmas, when we went to collect Dan's present from Dorset. That was a nightmare. The drive up there was nice, but when we got there the guy said he was running later, due to traffic and was going to be an hour and a half late. 
    It seemed strange that someone would go off somewhere, when they knew someone was coming all the way from Cornwall to have a look at something they were selling, but we figured he may have had an emergency or just figured he would be back in plenty of time. So we weren't to bother and went and sat watching people getting soaked by waves, breaking over the sea wall, down at the beach. And the kittiwakes flying around. It was really nice actually 
    But after an hour and a half had passed and we went back to this guys lock up there was still no sign of him and Dan tried messaging him again, but there was no reply. But as we knew he was driving that didn't worry us to much. 
    So another hour passes and we get a message saying he is 5 minutes away, and shortly after that the guys father turns up, and he lets Dan in to have a look, but he finds the tractor buried under pile and piles of stuff. So they have to dig it out first, they do that and Dan does his thing and still this guy is nowhere to be seen. 
    But Dan is happy with the tractor so he gets it loaded and then stands chatting to this guys Dad, still waiting for this bloke. And at this point it's about the time we had calculated that we would be back home. 
    When the guy finally show up, he won't stop talking. Now, Kye and I have stayed in the car, seeing as I am meant to be self isolating and Dan has been keeping his distance from the bloke and his mask on, so we're getting pretty bored by this point and Kye keeps telling me is hungry. But all I have in my bag is some mints, so I keep passing him mints and praying for Dan to hurry up. 
    Then I hear this guy start talking about all the places he has been. London, Kent, all places in Tier one and boasting about how he got a load of stuff cheap because people wanted rid but knew people weren't going to be wanting to go into tier one, so were putting stuff up cheap to get rid. 
    And I hear Dan go "but I asked you if you had been following the rules and staying in tier two before I came, and told you that my wife has a compromised immune system so we had to be really careful and you said that you had been following the rules."
    And the guy was like "Yeah and I had, until today." Dan was fuming, but thankfully he had been keeping his distance from the guy and wearing his mask and he uses this as his excuse to finally get out of their. 
    But who does that, really. Tell's someone they have been careful and following the rules and then goes off up into tier 4, like that. 
    
    Anyway, we didn't get home till late, but stopped for McDonalds, to sort out all our hunger pangs. I was so relieved to get out the car though, I had only got out once while we were out, just to stretch my legs, as it was only while we were waiting at the guys lockup that there were no people about, so it felt safe too. So I had serious numb bum.
    
    But at least the journey itself went okay, though we were going through a lot of flooded areas, and the rain, fog and wind were really bad on the way home. With loads of branches and things brought down when we were really close to home and one massive one right on a corner, that we didn't have time to swerve. Thankfully our 4x4 went over it okay, though the trailer dragged it a good way. But that meant it was safely out of the way of anything else coming round the bend and Dan was able to stop and drag it out the road. God know what would have happened, had a smaller car come around the bend and hit it first. 

    but anyway, Christmas was lovely, we spent it at home just the three of us, of course. And then Dan spent most of the holiday out playing with fugly, so he was happy, but we still watched a lot of christmassy and non christmassy films together and played some games. 
    
    Then New years eve we got a bit of surprise. Will call it a surprise injection of cash. Which means, we now have enough for our new car, although we are gonna save a little bit longer, just so we can get a really nice one. But that's okay as it takes Dan ages to decided exactly what he wants anyway. 

    In other news, I am nearly off of the steroids and already I am having pain. So that's not looking good at the moment. but my next infusion is next week, and I have heard people say they start to get some pain a couple of weeks before an infusion is due, so I am hoping that's all it is and it doesn't mean the infusions still aren't working. But I will have to contact my team today and let them know and the dietician to get my liquid diet sorted. Which they said I would need to do if I started flaring again. 

    I have also got another new wig. This one looks more like my natural hair, for when I want to feel more like myself. What do you think? 

    Well that's pretty much it from me, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and that this year will be better for everyone. Once they get all this covid stuff under control of course. 

love and hugs all
Joss xxx 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment