Friday, 18 October 2013
Celebrate the small stuff
It's Friday and that means that it is time to Celebrate the Small Stuff and I have a huge celebration today, as yesterday, I got my ARC of Dangerous Depths by Karen Amanda Hooper.
Dangerous Depths follows on from Tangled Tides, one of my all time favourite books. I have been waiting what feels like a lifetime for Dangerous Depths and am so honoured to be one of the first people to get my hands on a copy.
If you love fantasy then you'll love these great books. In fact, even if you don't, there is a very good chance you'll love them because they really are amazing. I am working my way through Dangerous Depths as we speak, gleefully turning each page, desperate to read it all, while at the same time petrified for it to end. I mean, what if there are no more after this, or there are more and it means more waiting? (Cries) The story is a bit different from any other book that I've read in this genre, as it deals with Merfolk, Selkies, Sirens, and Gorgons, among other things.
Now, only having just started Dangerous Depths, I can't tell you too much about it, but I can tell you about Tangled Tides. Tangled Tides is an epic love story with many twists and turns, lots of issues and doubts to overcome, and beautifully crafted characters that left me torn as to just who I wanted to route for.
Karen really did work magic with Tangled Tides and I can't wait to fully lose myself in the sequel; so, on that note...
My Celebrations for today are:
1) Those long awaited items finally arriving, whatever they may be.
2) The joy of a good Arc
3) A great author, continuing to write great books.
4) The ability to lose yourself in a magical world and escape, at times, dreary reality.
5) The fact that out there right now, all over the world, authors, writers, and perhaps even some who consider themselves everyday Joe's, are sitting down at keyboards, or with pens in hands, and creating new worlds, new places, and new stories for us to explore, so there will always be new books to transport us out of the norm.
6) And of course, getting my ARC for dangerous depths :)
Love and hugs all. Happy Friday and I hope you all have an awesome weekend, too. Now, I'm off to get lost in an underwater world.
For those of you who don't know, Celebrate the Small Stuff is an awesome blog hop, hosted by The Vikilit's writing blog. It enables the blogger community to come together, every Friday, and check out what everyone is celebrating this week. If you want to join in or find out what others are celebrating, just click the link (in blue above) and sign up to the linky link on the Viklit's blog :)