Sunday, 11 December 2011

Eat, pray, love, I just kept praying it would end soon

Having heard many great things about the book eat, pray, love by Elizabeth Gilbert, I decided to give it a go, and all I can say, is what were people thinking, when they helped it onto the best seller list. Although it has a few witty comment's and interesting idea's the author is clearly only interested in one thing, herself. Page after page she rambles on and on about her every woe, which frequently left me begging for an end and horrified to discover that I still hadn't even reached the half way mark. This book is about a woman who lives by the idea that the grass is always greener on the other side, chasing after happiness as if her life depended on it. Nothing is good enough, not a good husband, not a nice house, not her career as a writer, she moans on about how awful her life is when quite frankly, millions of people would love to be in her shoes. When she put's on a few pounds over her ideal weight she act's like she's a hippo, please!
Slitting my wrists, would have, been more pleasurable than this book, and I quite like my wrists. If your aim in life is to be bored too tears 99% of the time and amused for the remaining 1%, you must buy this book, don't sit there staring at the computer, run, go get it, right this second, those of you who quite like your wrist remain seated, and avoid this book like the plague.

love and hug's
Jossie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment