Friday 10 May 2013

more interesting questions as promised.


So for those of you who don't know, my last blog post was used to answer some interesting questions from the course I am doing in English language and literature. I got a bit in depth with the questions and so decided that I would come back and answer the other questions at a later date. Well! that date is here. 

So lets get started. 
Who are my heroes. Why?

This is a tough one, but there are a few people I really admire. Firstly the female writers who paved the way for other women with the work. Such as Charlotte Bronte and Jane Austen. I cannot imagine how horrible it must have been to be around in a time when the only way for you to get your work taken seriously, was to write under a name that seemed more manly and am so grateful for the work they did that means today, female  authors get the same recognition as men for their work. 

Another of my hero's is my husband and men like him. The real men, the guys who go out everyday and work hard to support their family. The men who stick around to raise and support their kids, whether still with their mother or not. The real men. 

Last but far from least. The single mothers and fathers out their who are doing it alone. I cannot imagine how tough that must be. I frequently need my husband to help not only support me when it comes to our son, but also to discuss the right cause of action with. To be alone, doing these things by yourself I think is amazing. My mother raised my sisters and I, by herself and struggled everyday. Not only to raise us right but to earn enough to support us all and ensure we had everything we needed, as well as quite a few things we didn't need, but wanted. 
She made mistakes yes, some pretty big ones too, but we all make mistakes, we are human after all, however, she always tried her hardest and that's what counts. 
Having a son with asthma, who gets sick a lot. I don't feel that I could cope without my husbands support and having someone by my side who is just as afraid as I am, just as protective, and just as determined to ensure that our son gets better and that we do everything we can to protect him. I applaud those who manage to stay strong when coping with a sick child alone, when working hard  to protect, care and raise, their children right. 
I know not all single parents do this, but those who do I think are hero's. 

Who would I least like to be? Why?

I would least like to be my sister. Because she goes out of her way to hurt others, has emotional damage that means she has three different children with three different fathers, and choose to have them, in part, so that she would not have to work; but could instead claim benefits.
I know that parts of our childhood were rough and we all have damage, but a bitter heart  and lazy attitude doesn't help that any. 
My sister is so smart, if she wasn't she wouldn't be so great at manipulation. If she set her mind to it she could achieve so much and I just wish she could see that and the value of working hard for what you really want in life. 
Just because we were broken doesn't mean we have a right to break others, just means that we have to work a little harder to achieve our dreams. I've done it, as has my other sister and I know she could too if she set her mind to it. 


If I could create an ideal world what would it be like?

I think just one with out without war. Where people understand that you can not possibly fully understand what someone else has been through or is going through, unless you had walked in there shoes. 
A world were people don't idolize famous people or footballs star, but instead those who risk there lives to save others. Who work hard to support a family, whilst earning a low wage and so on and so forth. 
A fairer world all round I guess. Where people aren't always striving to be the richest, the most powerful or the prettiest. 


Well, that's all the questions answered now. I hope you enjoyed my answers and I would love to hear your thoughts and feelings. 
love and hugs 
Joss xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment