Tuesday 20 October 2020

A love letter to Schitt’s creek

We find many things in life that help us get through the tough times. For me, one of those things has been Schitt’s creek. 
I was heartbroken when this show came to an end. Deeply Devastated, and since I’ve been spending a lot of time on the sofa, not allowed to do a whole lot because of my Crohn’s disease, it’s to this show that I have turned again. 
I love the characters, all of them, and how easily the residence of Schitt’s creek are to this mad cap bunch, who arrive there and make it very clear that it is the last place that they want to be.
But this town and it’s crazy residents begin to grow on the family and soon they begin to realise that perhaps they never really knew what real happiness was. 
I wish I had the rose families confidence, and that I lived in a place so accepting and loving and embracing of everyone’s differences. 
But it’s okay that I don’t, because I feel apart of Schitt’s creek whenever I watch it. And they remind me that sometimes, the best things can come out of adversity. 
If you haven’t seen the show it’s on Netflix and I highly recommend you watch it. 
This program helps us to embrace a world of difference and I feel it shows the love, joy and wonderful things that can come from a world where people are willing to love people for who they are whatever that may be, gay, straight, black, white, fat, thin, eccentric or bland, diseased or healthy. 
Because non of that matters and if all the wars and thing around the world have taught us anything, it’s that hate gets us nowhere. 
So pull up a seat, put your feet up and watch some Schitt’s creek. 
Laugh, cry and love with the characters, and then get on your knees and plead for more. 
Maybe if enough of us do, we’ll be rewarded. 
But even if we’re not, thank you to the cast, crew and everyone else involved in this awesome show, for making me laugh, and giving me a safe place when things get tough. 

And if you wanna create a real Schitt’s creek and move me in. Cornwall’s a lovely place. Just saying! O

Love and hugs 
Joss xx

No comments:

Post a Comment