Monday 19 October 2020

Book thoughts: Gone before by Sam Hepburn

Blurb: ‘My name is Phoebe Locklear. I think I’m your daughter.’

I rehearse the words as I walk up the path, clutching a faded old photograph of a little girl with thick dark hair.

When I knock, the door opens, and there she is: the woman I believe is my mother. The woman whose five-year-old daughter disappeared fifteen years ago.

Had I known what would happen next, would I have knocked on that door? Would I take back the lives I’ve destroyed?

But now that I’ve started, there’s no going back. I can’t stop until I find out who I really am.

Even if the truth could kill me.

My thoughts: Mind blown! I have just finished this book, and OMG! New fav author anyone? Sam Hepburn is a twisted genius. I usually pride myself on being pretty good at figuring out what’s going on fairly quickly but Sam keeps leading you one way only to dupe you and throw you another. There are so many brilliant twists and turns that by the end you are gasping for answers, so badly hooked you might result to murdering someone yourself, if they dare to interrupt  you from the words on the page. 

I don’t even know how to explain to you what this story is for fear of revealing anything I shouldn’t. So the short and simple reply is this is a book about a very determined girl, who’s desperate to know who she is, and he discovers so much more than she bargained for in the process. 

If you love psychological thrillers, thrillers, family drama, or just reading in general, read this. This is the best book I have read in year and I will definitely be getting a hard copy, to go on my shelf’s as soon as it’s released. 

 I will also be devouring anything else that Sam writes. I so hope this is not her first book because I am not sure I can cope with waiting for another. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you to NetGalley, Sam Hepburn and her publishers for allowing me to read and advance copy. And please Sam, if this is your first and only book, hurry up and write more, I need way more of this in my life. 

A definite must read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment