Sunday 4 October 2020

My week in review


It’s been a pretty painful week, with a fair amount of napping and a lot of self pity. 
Things were improving day by day all be it very slowly. But Saturday, I decided to be a bit of a rebel and go out in the car, for a little road trip to Bude, where Dan had promised to help his boss, with a large pane of glass. 
Dad, Dan’s boss and another of Dan’s work colleagues were there also and Kye and I sat and watched as they manoeuvred this huge pane of glass up onto this porch roof and in through a window there, where they then manhandled it out of sight, to become a posh balustrade. 
I thought I had found a good position in the car, where I was leaning slightly to one side. As my Crohn’s really doesn’t like me sitting up straight right now, but it became apparent pretty quickly that I’d made a terrible error and I’ve been paying for it the rest of the weekend, with agonising stomach and back pain, so bad, I’m been tempted more than once to head for the hospital, but I braved it out and as I get periods where it eases a little, I’ve managed to cope with it. 
Friday I got a lovely little care package arrive in the post in the form of a dot-to-dot book and a mixed puzzle book from Sammy. I love her little care packages and she has been smothering me in love since I got poorly, bless her. I’ve had all sorts, folic acid and b12 tablets, when my folic acid from the doctor was taking a long time to arrive, lots of bottles of Lucozade apple blast when my energy was really low, Manuka Honey and antibacterial hand gel, when she was freaking out about my risk of infection due to my lowered immune system, and so much more besides. 
I’m incredibly lucky to have her as a friend, and so grateful for all her support, not just throughout my latest health issues, but throughout my whole life. 
I hope you are all as lucky as me and have Sammy’s of your own. And no you can’t have mine. Sorry, not sorry! 
We also had a monumental moment this week. When Tiz and Mia sat next to each other, willingly on the cat scratching post. It might not seem a big deal, but trust me it is, these two hate each other’s guts. They must have been in a pretty amicable mood all round, as they even let Nibz stay near and they all hate Nibz. Mind you he does like to pounce on them all. 
Today, I had a go at putting my wig on all by myself. My hair had stopped coming out for about a week or two, so I thought perhaps it had just been a temporary thing, but sadly noticed it was coming out again on Saturday. Grrr! 
I’ve been wanting to try putting my wig on since my wig glue arrived at the start of the week but hadn’t felt well enough. But I had a little break in the pain today and decided to go for it. Pretty sure the wig glue is just PVA glue though lol. It looks like it, acts like it and well I didn’t sniff it, cause well you know, but yeah pretty sure we just paid for over priced PVA lol
Either way it did work to hold the wig in place at the front and that’s all that matters. Although trying to get it out of my hair is proving a challenge. But as I said to Dan, perhaps it will help stop it falling out lol if only for a while. 
I think I did alright, although I have to find a better way of putting my real hair up underneath as there was a bit of a bump at the rear lol. 
But practice makes perfect, right?

What else, Dan treated me to scampi fries, omg I love those. So a crummy! 
And today I had a memory come up of Millie when we first got her 3 years ago. Every time I see a picture of her when we first got her it amazes me the difference between then and now. She was so skinny and timid and her coat was a mess. 
You’ll have to forgive Kye’s ripped jean, I had a hell of a time getting him to stop wearing them and throw them away. One of the many joys of his autism. 
Anywho, look at the difference, time and lots of tender loving care has made to our beautiful Millie Moo. 



Well I think that’s pretty much it for this week, so love and hugs from us and as always, stay healthy, cause the alternative sucks xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment