Sunday 29 November 2020

Book thoughts: The Burning Girls C.J Tudor

 


    Jack Brook, is a city based vicar who is forced to move to the countryside with her Daughter, for her job. As soon as she arrives at her new home strange things start to occur, including a young girl running into the church yard covered in blood. 

    This one just all felt a bit too far fetched for me, I didn't related to the characters and found I had to force myself to pick it up and keep going. 

    It's also very graphic, more so than I felt it needed to be. I mean a one point you have a man in very graphic detail, trying to force another to give him head. It made my stomach turn, I won't lie. Maybe it's more to do with abuse I suffered as a child, but I don't feel books need to be this graphic there are ways to say it without having to be so detailed. 

    I know a lot of people love C.J. Tudor books, and so I can't say don't read it, it was terrible, I wouldn't say that about any book, because after all we are all different. But this one definitely wasn't for me. 

    As always thank you to NetGalley, the author and her publisher for allowing me to read this one ahead of its released. Apologies for not enjoying it. 

    But if you would like to read the blurb, or give it ago, you can do so by clicking here. The Burning Girls released on the 21st of January 2021 and is available in all formats, including audio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment