Sunday 15 November 2020

My week in review.

 


    Another week in lockdown and this one has ended with a few less than pleasant surprises, but I'll get to them in a little while. 

    Kye and I have spent most of the week Minecrafting, after he begged me to see if Minecraft would run on my new laptop and we discovered that not only did it work, but it worked even better than it used to on my old laptop. 

    We just started a new world as I hadn't transferred our big town we've been creating since 2015 across to the new laptop yet. Although I did do that today and carried on building some of the little statics, in the little elderly community I started on there a little while back. 

    His behaviour had improved a lot too, although it seems to have started spiralling again, over the last few days. 

    We also started a new course together, Kye likes it when we do courses together and are learning at the same time, this one is a forensic psychology course and is proving quite interesting so far. 

    We get to solve a real life crime, using only forensic psychology. Which Kye was really excited about. 

    Friday I got a text from the doctors telling me they had appointments for Saturday available for the Flu jab. The hospital had told me that I should get it, but a lot of people with Crohn's and who are on the biologicals say they haven't and have been fine so I was kind of thinking I would give it a miss. I mean I have been stuck with so many needles since getting diagnosed, I figured I could do without another, especially as a lot of people felt it wasn't even necessary.  

    Sadly, Dan, Sam and my mum disagreed and talked me into booking an appointment and so Saturday I went to the local sugary on got stabbed. It was fine though, didn't hurt and bonus I was able to walk in, stand for the jab, and walk out again with no back pain. The infliximab has definitely been helping my back. 
    Okay, so it's still not perfect and I still can't stay up for too long, but I'm managing to do so for much longer now that I have been able to do in a long time and it was so nice to get to feel a little more normal for a change and not have to have someone push me around in my wheelchair. 

    Then today we received some bad news, someone that Dan works with has tested positive for covid. It's gotten so bad in our area, Bude, the town closest too us now has the highest rates in Cornwall. 
    Anywho, Dan rung the testing people but they said he couldn't have a test unless he was showing symptoms, which seems a bit odd, surely by then you might have passed it on to lots of other people. And of course I have my infusion Tuesday. Am I still safe to go? Well I tried ringing the IBD team and my head nurse but none of them work weekends and the hospital and testing people didn't see too know either. I left a message with My head nurse though, so hopefully she'll get back to me tomorrow. 
    Dan has now been furloughed from work for a week, whether that will be extended later on I honestly don't know, as no one seems to be really sure what to do at the moment. 
    so watch this space. 

    I hope you are all well and staying safe, in this strange times. Let me know what you've been up to in the comments. 

    Love and hugs all
    Joss xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment