Friday 6 November 2020

News in review


So I’ve been seeing this lady all over Facebook for the last couple of days. Essentially, bitching that she was forced to cover up by an airline hostess on her flight. And expressing how embarrassed and offended she was by this. 

Which to be honest I don't buy. First of all their was a similar case to this not that long ago. And like this one it was all over social media. Secondly this lady was trying really hard to make sure she mentioned her Instagram account as much as possible. 

And finally, she went to the papers, with it. I'm sorry if you were that horrified by the situation, the last thing you would want to do is relive it again, so that it can be spread all over the news and social media. 

But, what I found most shocking about the whole thing, is that this woman had her child with her. Why would anyone subject their kid to this? Because lets face it, what she was wearing, really wasn't appropriate. 

When I was a kid I would have been mortified to see my mother dressed like this. Especially when the way she is dressed, is drawing a lot of negative attention. This kid is going to be picked on mercilessly for this at school. And all for the sake of his mother getting a few more followers on Instagram. 

What happened to self respect ladies? leaving something to the imagination? flaunting what you've got in a more classy way? I don't get this need to mutilate your bodies and then bare all, for a few extra likes. 

And what message is it sending to young girls? We're essentially making them feel as if they are not good enough in their natural bodies. Making them believe they have to get boob jobs and butt implants and god knows what else, in order to be seen as beautiful. 

I think it's devastating and completely unrealistic. Have you seen the shape of some of these women, and they didn't achieve that naturally. Big butts rarely come with thin waists and big boobs, naturally. 

Oh and the claim this woman made too. It's not my fault I have big boobs. Well if you hadn't had a boob job it wouldn't be, but she's clearly had one and as someone who has naturally big boobs, which I don't see as a blessing but a curse, I can honestly say that I have never had a problem getting clothes that cover them up. Thank god! because no one needs to be seeing that shit, they'd be traumatised for life. 

And am I alone in thinking that she just looks trashy? Why would anyone want to do that to themselves? I just don't get it. 

If she wants to wear something like that at the beach, I mean I still don't get it, but fine, whatever, but it’s not flight attire and she knows it. 

And at no point do you see her, actually, wearing her face mask correctly either. Which just shows her lack of intelligence. If all her other choices hadn't already made that clear. 

I think we really have to ask ourselves, what the world is coming to, when we are making people like this famous, even if it is just Instagram famous. Surely, there are better people that we can promote, and encourage our kids to look at as worthy role models. 

Fire fighters, doctors, nurses, care workers, people doing something good for humanity, regular people and not a load of superficial, plastic people, who are about as far from real as it is possible to get. 

I don't have any daughters and women like this sometimes makes me glad of that, but for those of you who do, surely you want better for your kids than this. 

I have so much respect for young girls, when faced with all this managed to love themselves for who they are and not buy into it. It can't be easy in this day and age. 

What do you  think? feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

Love and hugs all 
Joss xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment