Friday 8 January 2016

My week in review.

It's been a bit of an emotional roller coaster of a week for me.

It's been tough getting Kye back to doing his school work after the Christmas holidays and it has been a real battle of wills between us. 

He's still not getting much done, but after some great advice from my hubby and a close friend I am trying not to let it get to me too much.

The problem is that I freak out to much about failing Kye. Having a child is such a huge responsibility, ensuring that they do well in life, learn to be respectful and kind to others and grow up to be happy and well rounded can seem like a huge and daunting task. For most there is a degree of a reprieve, when it comes to sending them to school. It's the one area where we can pass the buck to a degree, where we can blame another if they fail to do well with the education. 

Knowing that Kye's school was failing him and that we needed to pull him out, seemed like a huge and very scary choice at the time, but in reflection I think that was the easy part. The hard part is being responsible for his education in full, along with all the other aspects of being a parent. 

It's tough, but I know we'll find a way in the end. We always do. I also know that despite my sons problems, he is an incredibly smart kid, he may use his smarts in the wrong way right now, but we'll keep working on that, little by little, day by day until we figure out what works best for him.

Will get the test. A diognosis, and work from their to help him in every way we can.

In the meantime we'll take each day as it comes and I'll try not to get to stressed out or worried. 

It's not all stress and worry this week; however, my planning and scheduling around my blog posts and reading schedule is going well. Working on my WIP has fallen by the wayside this week, but I've decided not to worry about it and aim for a slightly bigger word count next week. Using this week to get on with my extensive reading list.

I've had a cold bug most of the week and my back pain has been unbearable. So reading is a relaxing way for me to unwind and always something that brings me joy. 

Sometimes, I guess we just have to give ourselves a bit of a break. 

I'm so grateful for my husband right now though, he has been a massive support and kept me smiling. 

We had a bit of a talk last night and I knew something had been playing on his mind and asked him about it. We're coming up for 13 years together and he's so important to me, that it bothers me to see him feeling low. 

He's tired of working, which I can relate to and need something to focus on that he enjoys I between. Of course he has trample, his beloved traction engine, but he's a man with big dreams and he is longing for a bigger project. Turns out he has had his eyes on a project to build a half scale engine from scratch, but figured it was to expensive for us to accomplish. 

I disagree, I think it's possible for us to do anything if we set our minds to it and so I told him if that's what he wants then will save up the money and get it done. If there is one thing I've learned over the years, you've got to chase happiness where you can and if anyone deserves to achieve his dreams it's Dan. He's been such an awesome husband and so supportive of my dreams. There is nothing I wouldn't do for him. 

So, our saving journey begins, I can't wait to see Dan start to put it all together. He's so talented when it comes to stuff like this and I know he'll feel so proud of himself once it's done. 

So that's my week, it's had its ups and downs, but that's life sometimes. 

I hope you've all had a lovely week and that your weekends are great too. 

Love and hugs all
Joss xx

No comments:

Post a Comment