Wednesday 2 March 2011

Journalling, no really it is about journalling this time lol



I thought as I named a blog Journaling yesterday and then got ever so slightly of track, I would do a proper job of it today.
I had tried journaling many times before I got properly into it, although to be fair, I didn’t see it as Journaling then and maybe that was the problem.
You see I had always called it a diary and to me a diary meant writing about your day, seeing as my days, seemed to consist much of the same this soon became boring, and I gave up on it every time within weeks if not days.
But then I started reading about journaling and discovered that journaling was what you made it, you could write about anything thoughts, feelings, dreams and hopes, and it didn’t just have to be today I.... although that could be in there too, if you wanted it to be.
Suddenly a whole new world was opened up to me.
And I found that by getting all my thoughts and feelings out onto paper I was able to better express myself, and more easily able to resolve problems in my life.
Now, I am constantly scribbling away in my Journal.
So, I thought I would share some stuff with you on Journaling that I have found helpful.
First of all I have to say that journaling is a great way to solve tricky problems, gain clarity and verify your progress through life.
Looking back at old entries in times when thing were tough and seeing where you are now, can be a real boost in confidence, and just show you that maybe you are not doing as bad as you perhaps through you were.
Its seems in life that the bad stuff that happens to us seems to stick in our mind more than the good, and so having those good things down in your journal you can not only be reminded of it but how it made you feel.
My journal also helps me when it comes to my poor memory, if there is a book I read, or a film I watched that I would like to recommend to someone and I just cant for the life of me remember what it was called, I can check back in my journal and locate the name.
There are just so many great reasons to keep a journal, and over long periods it can really help you see how you yourself have grown and matured.
I love it and would recommend it to anyone, also the thrill I get searching for the next journal, when an old one is nearly used up, is wonderful.
Well I will leave it there for now, love and hugs Joss.

No comments:

Post a Comment