I’ve just finished reading the death artist by Jonathan Santlofer, and all I can say is WOW!!!!
The whole way through I was guessing and guess at who the death artist was and just getting it wrong time and time again.
The book does a wonderful job of sucking you in and keeping you hooked there, and leads you on misdirection after misdirection, right until the very end.
I loved it and really recommend it to others.
about the book from back cover.
A killer is preying on New York’s art community, creating gruesome depictions of famous paintings, using human flesh and blood as his media. Terror stalks this world of genius, greed, inspiration, and jealousy – a world Kate McKinnon knows all too well. A former NYPD cop who traded in her badge for a Ph.D in art history, Kate can see the method behind the psychopath’s madness- and the grisly slaughter of a former protégé is drawing her into the predator’s path. As each new murder exceeds the last in savagery, Kate is dragged into the twisted obsessions of the Death artist, who plans to use her body, her blood, and her fear to create the ultimate masterpiece.
my sprinf thing 2011 reading list...
1) the death artist by Jonathan Santlofer (finished reading) 9th April
2) A slow burn by Mary E. Demuth (finished reading) 7th April
3) A life in Defiance by Mary E. Demuth
4) Men are like waffles and women are like spaghetti by Bill and Pam Farrel
5) Painless by Derek Ciccone
6) It’s no secret by Rachel Olsen
7) Insane Reno by Jossie Marie Solheim (well I gotta do a full read through now the editings complete just to make sure so why not lol)
And last but not least (the one I am most looking forward too hehe is ...
8) My beginning by Melissa Kline.